Sunday 11 December 2016

Snapchat




Since my other two social media blogs were written on apps/sites that I wasn't very familiar with (or necessarily a fan of) I decided to write my last one on one of my favourite apps that I actually enjoy using everyday, snapchat!


Snapchat was created in 2011 by Evan Spiegel and Bobby Murphy, it is free to download and fairly easy to use. It is a mobile messaging app used to send photos, videos, and text to friends/other users. One of snapchats features that is most appealing is that after a maximum of 10 seconds the picture or video you sent vanishes! And if you friend was quick enough to screenshot the snap you sent, snapchat will send you a notification. Your story on snapchat is a little different however, as this can be viewed as many times as your friends wish within a 24 hour period.
Filters are another fun feature that snapchat provides. Filters allow you to transform a regular selfie into so many strange and cute faces (ex. barfing rainbows, and the one that every girl seems to love, the puppy dog filter).


10 Snapchat Statistics:

1. Snapchat's Daily Video Views Have Increased 400% Year-On-Year

2.Snapchat Ads Are Viewed Up To A Million Times Per Day

3.Snapchat's Video Views Are Now Greater Than Facebook's

4.Snapchat Is Now Worth $20 Billion

5.60% Of All Smartphone Users Are Now On Snapchat

6.Millennials Account For 7 Out Of 10 Snapchatters

7.Snapchat Now Has More Users Than Twitter

8. Snapchat Reaches 11% Of Americans

9. 60% Of Snapchat Users Are Between The Ages Of 18 and 34

10. It Would Take 158 Years To Watch Every Snapchat Story


Snapchat is a fun way to stay connected with friends by allowing you to send silly snaps that you know won't be seen again ( except for friends who screenshot ) , with its increasing popularity and ever-changing filters I think snapchat is here to stay!

3 comments:

  1. I love snapchat too! My second fav :) and you definitely can't go wrong with the puppy dog filter! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snapchat is awesome i agree with this whole blog! i feel that's the way a lot of social media platforms will be going, Instagram now has already tried taking on the story feature. they're continuously updating the app and making it better. it's super fun to be on and to stay connected with people on. ever since they put in video calling and text chat i have used that way more than any other app on my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See I've had Snapchat on again and of again for the last few years. I really couldn't get into the whole crazy. Call me old or what have you, but it to me furthered us into the peg hole of "We need everything as short as possible and right now". Which to me, really puts us on the losing side of the social media wave. We are way to I'll say it gold fish like in our wants and needs. I'm guilty of it as well with somethings.

    ReplyDelete