Wednesday 9 November 2016

What is WhatsApp?




WhatsApp is a messaging app that allows users to text, chat, and share media, including voice messages and video, one on one or in groups. With this app you are able to stay connected with friends and family all around the world without getting charged SMS fees. One feature in particular I enjoyed using was WhatsApp Calling, which uses your phone's internet connection, instead of your cell plan's voice minutes, in turn allowing you to avoid costly charges. From my research I discovered that WhatsApp had 1 billion users in February 2016, up from 800 million users in April 2015. In learning this I believe WhatsApp has incredible staying power and will continue to grow in popularity. My personal experience in using this app went surprisingly well with how user-friendly it was and its ability to sync all of your chats to your computer so that you can use whatever device is most convenient for you. I definitely see myself continuing to use WhatsApp in the future.





3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great app. My kids used this app to call me from their iPods. That's the first time I realized I was losing the technology race! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with your opinion on WhatsApp! I use this app myself to connect with family members and friends that live away without it costing any charges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this app. I will definitely give it a try. Anything to save a buck.

    ReplyDelete